- Collaborate closely with the client team to understand expectations and deliverable timelines and ensure that deliverables of the team are load balanced as compared to team staffing.
- Develop the team to take ownership and work independently, and effectively manage timelines
- Manage resources to assist with ad-hoc projects and new transactions to support the client controller group
- Lead the day to day activities of an accounting and reporting team that is performing Accounting & Reporting
- Performing managerial reviews and discuss with the team to ensure the objectives of the deliverable are met
- Provide support to key stakeholders of the team to present l results, findings
- First point of escalation within the local reporting line for dealing with issues (people/process/technology) and ensuring that compliance requirements are adhered to (e.g. company policies surrounding standard of conduct, information security, employment regulations)
- May serve as a subject matter expert on a particular accounting transactions /areas.
- Coaches the team and works with onshore leadership to establish the team member goals and gather feedback for performance appraisals.
- Participate in or manage function specific projects as needed
- Ensure completion of deliverables within the committed timeframe including assistance with development of deliverable plans, attending deliverable specific or recurring meetings between the team and the onshore team. Team deliverables revolve around;
- Be primarily responsible for the completion of General ledger activities through the team and self
- Should be highly proficient in managing closing of books of accounts under tight deadlines.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:IT-Software / Software Services
Functional Area:Accounts, Finance, Tax, Company Secretary, Audit
Employment Type:Permanent Job, Full Time
Desired Candidate Profile
- 10-12 years of progressive experience in core General Accounting (GA) process with exposure of multiple processes within GA.
- Should have managed a team of >50 people.
- Person should have managed General Accounting processes in Shared services/3rd party BPO organization. Preference to be given to candidates with a BPO experience with reputed Facility management clients.
- Experience of transitioning GA or F&A processes from from local and off-shore locations
- Good level of knowledge around accounting standards, IFRS.
- Should have advance level of knowledge for accounting principles & practices with ability to pass accounting transactions.
- Prior experience of leading service delivery of complex and fragmented F&A processes.
- Ability to lead people on large, multi-functional efforts and work in a matrix-reporting environment.
- Advance level of proficiency in MS-Office (Excel & Word).
- Strong Finance & Accounting Domain Knowledge
- Must be detail oriented with strong analytical skills
- Prior experience in Microsoft GP will be a plus
- Should have worked on process improvement projects. Green Belt certification would be preferred.
- Strong Communication Skills to interact with various internal as well as external stakeholders
- Disciplined with focused & result oriented approach
- Auditing mindset with eye for detail
- Learning mindset and willing to go extra mile to achieve organizational objectives
- Can Work under stringent deadlines with high accuracy.
- Problem solving mindset
- Should be willing relocate to India once the process is migrated back.
- Have strong process-re-engineering orientation. Should have independently driven process re-engineering projects
- Should have been a part of atleast 1 transformation of F&A operations.
UG:B.Com - Commerce
PG:CA, MBA/PGDM - Finance
The Consulting Crew
Contact Company:The Consulting Crew